Emotions run high as man charged with murder
Reporter: Robbie Gill
Date published: 12 December 2013
CHARGED . . . Andre Bright
THE FAMILY of 22-year-old mum Victoria Adams fought back tears as the man charged with her murder appeared in court yesterday.
Andre Bright (29), of Falmouth Street, Oldham, appeared in a packed courtroom at Oldham Magistrates Court to face one charge of murder and a second of assault at an Oldham nightclub.
Members of Victoria’s grieving family sobbed as the handcuffed Bright was led out, flanked by security guards.
Subdued and barely audible, Bright - wearing a white T-shirt and grey hoodie - confirmed his name and address.
Extra police officers were drafted in to the court as members of both the accused and the dead woman’s family watched from the public gallery. Around 30 relatives and friends sat on opposite sides of the courtroom.
Mother-of-one Victoria was found at her Fitton Hill home on Sunday morning after apparently being stabbed in the chest. She was taken to hospital for treatment but suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.
Yesterday the court heard Bright also faces an assault charge for a separate alleged incident at the 101 nightclub in Yorkshire Street, Oldham.
The incident involved another man called Matthew Wilkinson on Sunday - the same day as the alleged Fitton Hill attack.
Bright was remanded in custody.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Conlon Construction begins work on futuristic climbing facility in Oldham
- 2Oldham teacher banned from classrooms for at least three years
- 3The end of an era beckons as Lol and Mag prepare to hang up their baking gloves
- 4As the darker nights draw in, GMP reminds residents to keep their homes light and locked
- 5Gang of women carry out Uppermill robbery