Mother of all issues for village walkers
Date published: 21 July 2015
LOCAL MP Debbie Abrahams took a pram-pushing journey through Dobcross to see worrying traffic issues for herself.
The MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth joined Pam Rose and Paul Clegg of the Dobcross Village Community executive committee, and Paul’ wife Pat, who edits the village diary.
The fact-finding exercise was to show the increasing daily hazards faced by pedestrians negotiating the narrow roads fanning out from the village square, ahead of a public meeting at Dobcross Band Club on July 28.
After her hour-long walk Mrs Abrahams said: “I’m grateful for being shown around the village and highlighting traffic pinch points and areas of concern.”
Council officers will also visit Dobcross ahead of the public meeting.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four teenagers seriously injured after stabbing at Oldham Leisure Centre
- 2Oldham teacher nominated for ‘Teacher of the Year’ at the Educate Awards 2019
- 3UPDATE: Stabbing at Oldham Leisure Centre last night
- 4Oldham councillor: Speed camera ‘upgrades’ should be ‘priority’ after high number of road deaths
- 5All the Oldham general election candidates