City sweat over injured Aguero
Date published: 30 January 2014
MANCHESTER City are hoping for good news on the severity of Sergio Aguero’s hamstring injury – a blow softened for the Argentina international by moving top of the table.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side was at its clinical best last night, emerging 5–1 victor at Tottenham to extend the club’s unbeaten run to 20 matches.
City usurped Arsenal at the top of the Barclays Premier League - though the three points at White Hart Lane were costly.
Having opened the scoring with a seventh goal in five games since returning from a calf injury, Aguero was forced off late in the first half with another muscular problem. The 25 year old will have the hamstring complaint assessed today.
“I felt some pain in my right hamstring and left as a precaution,” he said afterwards.
Another lay–off would be bad news, though City proved again they can keep scoring without him.
Yaya Toure netted from the spot minutes into the second–half after Danny Rose’s controversial red card, before Edin Dzeko struck soon after.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 2Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 3Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 4Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 5Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time