Permanent move for Luke?
Reporter: Matthew Chambers
Date published: 16 April 2015
LUKE WOODLAND: deal on the cards?
LUKE Woodland’s loan spell with Athletic could lead to a permanent deal being made in the summer.
The 19-year-old Bolton player had his stay at SportsDirect.com Park extended until the end of the season earlier this week, despite a calf injury.
Woodland hasn’t featured since the home draw with Bristol City, after which he returned to the Macron Stadium for treatment. It is hoped he will be back to stake a claim for a place in the Athletic side again soon.
The fact boss Dean Holden extended his loan suggests that Woodland is a player who who will be on the list of potential signings this summer.
Woodland, an England youth international, is out of contract at the end of the campaign though a fee may need to be negotiated between the clubs for a move to come off.
“Nothing has been mentioned about a new contract so I will have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season,” Woodland told Athletic’s matchday programme.
“The loan move has come at a good time bearing in mind I will soon be out of contract. It has given me the chance to play first-team football for the first time, and I am trying to make the most of it.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules