Ton-up Moshin’s terrific show inspires Friends
Date published: 08 September 2011
FRIENDS lifted the Ashton and Oldham Alliance Phoenix Trophy after victory over Newtonhurst at Droylsden CC.
After winning the toss and electing to bat first, Friends made 199 for five thanks to an unbeaten 110 from Moshin.
S Potts led the resistance for Newtonhurst but despite his handy 55, they fell eight runs short of the target for the loss of seven wickets. Moshin was named man-of-the-match.
Europa Exiles won the Fawcett/Penney Supplementary Cup against Heyside thirds at Ashton Ladysmith.
A Hodgson’s unbeaten 62 pushed Europa to 132 for five, with S Partington claiming three for 17.
Heyside were bowled out for 72. J Joshi bagged four wickets at the expense of 15 runs, while man-of-the-match Hodgson claimed three for 10.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules