Armed officers make arrest in Oldham
Reporter: Carl Hartley
Date published: 15 February 2019
Armed police make arrest in Oldham
Police investigating cash machine robberies across the North West have arrested three men in Oldham.
Armed officers swooped in the early hours of this morning on Lees Road.
It follows a joint intelligence-led operation involving GMP’s Serious and Organised Crime Group and Specialist Operations Branch into attacks on ATMs across the North West.
The three men - aged 30, 31 and 33 – were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to cause explosions.
Superintendent Mark Dexter, of GMP’s Specialist Operations Branch, said: “We currently have three men in custody as part this long-running investigation.
“These arrests form part of wider operation – codenamed Dynamo – which sees a specialised team targeting groups who use vehicles to carry out their crimes.
“The trio will be interviewed by detectives over the coming hours whilst we carry out further enquiries."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Wild, Priest and Clarke all linked with Oldham manager’s job
- 2EXCLUSIVE: Oldham Councillor’s wife not giving up despite threatening phone call
- 3Oldham man arrested on suspicion of malicious social post
- 4Woman rushed to hospital in serious condition after crash in Oldham
- 5Grenadier Guards heading to Saddleworth