I will hold her to it’ - Oldham MP says as PM promises to make railway stations accessible
Date published: 02 April 2019
Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams
Theresa May made the promise during PMQs this week when answering a question from a Tory MP who said the Access to All scheme was ‘too slow’ and demanded action for his own local station.
Debbie said: “It’s not often I agree with a Tory MP but on this occasion we’re in absolute agreement. The Access for All scheme is painfully slow and stations like Greenfield are simply a barrier to anyone with mobility issues making it incredibly difficult for them to visit friends, get to the shops or to work. And that’s unacceptable in 2019.
“Theresa May has made this commitment publicly now and I will hold her to it.”
Tweeting after the session Debbie said:
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2CCTV footage released after spate of arson attacks
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules