Oldham man arrested on suspicion of money laundering
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 09 April 2019
Armed officers also raided three properties in Rochdale
It was at around 6.30pm when police stopped a vehicle on Shaw Road in Royton with them finding a large quantity of cash inside once they’d searched the car.
A 45-year old man was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and remains in custody for questioning.
A short time later officers armed with weapons and with their faces covered, stormed two properties in the Kingsway area of Rochdale and a third in Lowerfold Drive.
It’s understood those raids are connected with the arrest of the man although it hasn’t been released if anything was found at the properties.
Greater Manchester police have confirmed enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2CCTV footage released after spate of arson attacks
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules