Man rescued from burning building in Oldham
Reporter: Jess Reeves
Date published: 02 May 2019
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
A man was rescued from a derelict building on Union Street in Oldham on Tuesday night.
Greater Manchester Fire and Resuce Service were called to the fire on Tuesday 30th April just before 9pm, where they spent just over two hours tackling the blaze.
Three fire engines, from Oldham, Chadderton and Ashton-Under-Lyne attended the incident and used two hoses and four breathing apparatus.
The man was helped by firefighters, checked by paramedics and taken to hospital by collegues from NWAS.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival