Female dog walker assault while in Tameside
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 05 July 2019
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward
An investigation has been launched after a woman was assaulted in Tameside while she was out walking her dog earlier this week.
Police have released information about the incident which is thought to have happened on the boarder between Droylsden and Audenshaw.
According to the post on Greater Manchester Police’s Tameside South Facebook page, the victim is said to be safe and well following the incident.
Patrols have now been stepped up in the area in a bid to reassure the public and also to try and catch the person who carried it out.
Anyone with information about what happened or who saw the assault is being urged to contact police on 101.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday
- 2Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 3Dovestone locals demand parking fine blitz
- 4Is your business eligible for the latest crisis funding? How to apply.
- 5Tameside to be Greater Manchester’s pilot for test and trace programme