Elderly woman left with serious injuries after collision
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 12 July 2019
She was left in a serious but stable condition in hospital
An elderly woman has been left in hospital with serious injuries after being involved in a collision shortly after getting off a bus in Tameside on Tuesday morning (9th July).
It was at around 11.45am when police were called to reports that a woman had been in collision with a blue-grey Renault Scenic shortly after getting off a bus on Mottram Road, Mottram.
The woman was taken to hospital with injuries to her arm and pelvis where she remains in a serious but stable condition.
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage to contact Greater Manchester Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting incident 1283 of 09/07/19. Information can also be supplied anonymously using the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 5Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning