Oldham man charged after fight at Hollinwood tram stop
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 15 July 2019
Picture Courtesy of Casey Jones
Detectives investigating an incident at Hollinwood tram stop on Thursday evening (11th July) have charged a 38-year old man in connection with it.
It was at around 5.35pm when reports came in of two people fighting on the platform with eye witnesses saying they believe a Stanley knife was involved.
The fight spilled down the stairs of the Metrolink stop with emergency service rushing to the scene.
When they arrived, they found a 36-year old man had suffered serious facial and eye injuries while another man had fled the scene.
38-year old Stephen Taylor, of Oldham Road in Failsworth, has now been accused of actual bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
He’s due to appear before Magistrates in Tameside on Monday (15th July).
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival