Young dancers from Shaw win at prestigious world dance competition
Date published: 30 August 2019
UDO Street Dance World competition
Two young dancers from Shaw have won at a prestigious world dance competition held in Blackpool.
It’s a double celebration for Marie Law from Oldham whose daughters Lillie and Grace won in two categories of the UDO street dance world competition-that saw over 6,000 competitors.
Five-year old Lillie Law and her partner came first in the World Under 6 Street Dance contest.
Her big sister ten-year old Grace was also part of the winning under 12’s team.
Both aspiring dancers have trained tirelessly for four years at the Fierce dance club in Heyside- taught by trainers Jen Lynch and Courtney Rodgers.
Lillie and Grace’s mum, Marie Law said, “I’m getting emotional thinking about it- we’re all so proud. It was Thursday until Sunday, so it was the biggest competition that they do.
"The kids work so hard they really do.
"They have to really really give it their all and just the support they give each other is really lovely.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after stabbing outside a house in Oldham
- 2Dog tied to gates of rescue centre during the night needs loving new home
- 3Professor who lived on same street as famous scientist Brian Cox, launches his own book
- 4Plans to increase Council Tax in Oldham to be discussed tonight
- 5Blue Coat School scores record number of Oxbridge places this year