17 year old boy attacked with machete in Oldham
Date published: 02 September 2019
Police are investigating the attack
A teenager has been attacked with a machete in Oldham.
Greater Manchester Police were called to an incident on Clyde Street, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
They say that the teenager suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital.
They released a statement. It read: "At around 1.15am on Saturday 31 August 2019, police were called by North West Ambulance Service to a property on Clyde Street in Oldham to reports of a stabbing.
"Officers attended and established that a 17-year-old teenager had been stabbed with a machete.
"The victim was taken to hospital with serious head injuries."
No arrests have been made at this stage.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases
- 2Scholes told to pay Latics 'five figure sum' after losing contract dispute
- 3Witnesses sought after 'nasty' Manchester Street multiple collision
- 4Asda in Chadderton freshened up in £3m revamp
- 5Survivor Trevor: "take this virus seriously"