Two arrested after fire at a block of flats in Rochdale
Date published: 09 September 2019
A man and woman have been arrested following a fire at a block of flats in Rochdale.
Shortly after 1am on Monday 9th September 2019, police were contacted by the fire service regarding a fire in a fifth floor flat at Mardyke on College Bank Way.
A 57-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious burns which are thought to be life-threatening. Six other residents were treated for smoke inhalation.
A scene is in places as police continue their enquiries.
The man, aged 42, and woman, aged 30, have been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life and remain in custody for questioning.
Anybody with information should contact police on 0161 856 8441, quoting incident number 0135 of 09/9/2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after stabbing outside a house in Oldham
- 2Dog tied to gates of rescue centre during the night needs loving new home
- 3Professor who lived on same street as famous scientist Brian Cox, launches his own book
- 4Plans to increase Council Tax in Oldham to be discussed tonight
- 5Blue Coat School scores record number of Oxbridge places this year