Failsworth bridge floods again
Date published: 01 October 2019
Photo: Bert Ashton (FB)
Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Wrigley Head bridge in Oldham has flooded again and it's understood people who want quick access between Failsworth and New Moston will need to take an alternative route.
The Oldham Evening Chronicle spoke to local resident Bert Ashton, he said, "This is not the first time the bridge has flooded. I live really close to it and have seen turning back frequently.
"There is a drain at the base of the dip but the flooding is causing problems for cars passing through and people are having to take the long route around past Morrisons.
"There's also the popular dog training centre nearby that holds classes on a Wednesday and the cars aren't able to get easy access to it."
Oldham Council have been informed.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 2Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 3Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 4Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 5Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time