Failsworth bridge floods again
Date published: 01 October 2019
Photo: Bert Ashton (FB)
Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Wrigley Head bridge in Oldham has flooded again and it's understood people who want quick access between Failsworth and New Moston will need to take an alternative route.
The Oldham Evening Chronicle spoke to local resident Bert Ashton, he said, "This is not the first time the bridge has flooded. I live really close to it and have seen turning back frequently.
"There is a drain at the base of the dip but the flooding is causing problems for cars passing through and people are having to take the long route around past Morrisons.
"There's also the popular dog training centre nearby that holds classes on a Wednesday and the cars aren't able to get easy access to it."
Oldham Council have been informed.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 2Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
- 3Tributes paid to ex-Oldham councillor Angie, who has died aged 61
- 4OSFC’s Aspiring Medics Programme enjoys record number of university offers
- 5The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday