'Unique' free magic lessons for Oldham Schools
Date published: 18 October 2019
Magic Skills For Schools are offered across Oldham
Magic Skills For Schools is offering free taster sessions for schools across Oldham, allowing them to have an insight into the highly-acclaimed programme.
Established in 2008, around 1,000 children from more than 30 Primary Schools have taken part, many with special educational needs including autism and ADHD.
As well as boosting confidence, the magic programme develops manual dexterity, memory and reasoning, and is great for speech, language and communication skills.
Robert Newgrosh told the Oldham Evening Chronicle " It's used as a developmental tool to boost confridence, self esteem and social skills, so the magic is developing areas the curriclum aren't trying to get to.
"This makes it unique."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Bid to wind up Oldham Athletic dismissed at court hearing
- 2Man's body found at a property in Rochdale
- 3Woman has handbag stolen and is dragged to the floor during robbery in Oldham
- 4Oldham pensioner surprised with a 'Silent Night' from Oldham College choir
- 5Oldham school extension costs to rise by £800k