Today set to be the hottest day of the year so far
Date published: 31 July 2020
Today's final-day-of-the-month heat follows an unseasonably cool July
Oldhamers can expect the hottest day of the year so far today (Friday), with highs reaching 32 degrees celsius predicted in Greater Manchester.
It follows an unseasonably cool July, which has seen a monthly average of just 14 degrees.
We might see some thundery showers into the evening, but mainly staying warm and dry throughout the day.
Other parts of the UK may see temperatures as high as 35 degrees which is warmer than parts of mainland Europe.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Why increased testing doesn’t explain fears over rising cases
- 3Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases
- 4Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 5Survivor Trevor: "take this virus seriously"