Mayor links theatre to Oldham boxing club
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 06 September 2020
Eric Noi is pictured (left) with the visitors from Brit Theatre
Oldham’s Mayor Ginny Alexander and her consort husband Adrian are taking a bow after linking the Brit Theatre to the town's famous boxing luminary.
They met Dave, Samm and Kendra from Brit Theatre, and Eric Noi, at the Oldham Boxing and Personal Development Centre based on Greaves Street in Oldham town centre.
Said Ginny: “The Brit Theatre were looking for a place to rehearse and I contacted my good friend Eric to see if he could help.
“Eric was looking for more diversity in his club and Brit Theatre fitted perfectly.
"As the Mayor I saw this type of collaboration as the way forward for our young people of this town.
“Brit Theatre asked me to be their patron and I humbly accepted.
"I was over the moon to be asked - thank you so very much.“
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation underway after man and woman stabbed inside a property in Oldham.
- 2Oldham Athletic's kick off time on Saturday moved, due to HRH Prince Philip's funeral.
- 3Man arrested after double stabbing in Oldham
- 4Emergency services called to 'serious incident' on Chadderton housing estate.
- 5Roughyeds pay tribute to one of their stars of the seventies