Latics appoint new CEO
Date published: 10 September 2020
There's been a change in direction from the Latics board recently
Oldham Athletic have appointed a new Chief Executive Officer.
Ex-CEO of Bury FC, Karl Evans, will be taking on the role where he'll be in charge of the day-to-day working at the club and managing staff.
He's previously worked as a Sports Consultant working with Liverpool and Salford City and has also spent over 25 years with Manchester United so he's bringing a lot of experience with him.
Karl said: "I'm delighted to be a part of Oldham Athletic. How we conduct ourselves as a club is extremely important and I am committed on making sure as a team we continue to make a positive impact in the town.
"With my consultancy work at a number of different clubs now I have helped them improve in different areas, with this opportunity allowing me to do that once more."
He added: "I will always take into account the fans opinions as well as being open and honest. I know there's still a lot of work to do, but I am committed to help change things for the better."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council responds to concerns popular park could become ‘no go’ area following ‘disturbing’
- 2Oldham man among three charged following cocaine conspiracy investigation raids
- 3GP tells Oldham's men - “don’t wait, let’s check out that prostate”
- 4Caged - 'Pernicious' Oldham man who sexually communicated with two teenage boys
- 5Man arrested in Manchester hotel after over 25,000 phishing messages sent in one day