Waterhead Academy shortlisted for prestigious education award
Date published: 17 May 2021
Waterhead Academy has been shortlisted for the Community and Collaboration prize in the prestigious TES Schools Awards 2021.
The most outstanding individuals and institutions that the education sector has to offer are recognised in the shortlist for the annual TES Awards.
Times Educational Supplement editor Jon Severs said: “It is more important this year than ever before to celebrate the fantastic work schools do, because in the past 12 months they have gone above and beyond to ensure pupils were able to be educated and be kept safe in extraordinary circumstances.
"We were inundated with entries that demonstrated just how hard the pandemic made the work of schools, and just how amazing the response from staff has been.
"We are looking forward to showcasing , as we do every year, just how vital our education professionals are to every facet of this country."
After a very successful online awards ceremony last year, organisers are once again holding this year’s awards ceremony virtually.
Winners will be announced on Friday, June 25, 2021
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton
- 5Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals