Man left fighting for life after falling from Chadderton motorway bridge
Date published: 07 June 2021
Police were called to a bridge on Broadway just before 7.30pm on Saturday evening
A man was left fighting for life in hospital after he fell from a bridge in Chadderton that stretches over the M60 motorway.
Both carriageways of the motorway were closed for approximately an hour due to the ‘police incident’ on Saturday night (June 5).
Police were called to a bridge on Broadway just before 7.30pm on Saturday.
Greater Manchester Police have since said a man later fell from the bridge.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance with what were described as "potential life-changing injuries”.
The M60 was closed in both directions between junction 22 for Oldham and junction 23 for Ashton as emergency crews attended the scene.
A spokesperson confirmed earlier today that the man was “still in hospital in a life-threatening condition”.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals
- 5UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton