Fifth man charged in relation to death of Charlie Elms in Limeside
Date published: 09 June 2021
Charlie Elms was fatally stabbed in Limeside
Detectives from Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team have charged a fifth man in relation to the death of Charlie Elms in Limeside last month.
Melvin James Whelan (aged 39) of Greenacres Road in Oldham, has been charged with one count of violent disorder and is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court later today (Wednesday).
Police were called shortly after 5.05pm on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 to a report of a disturbance involving a group of men causing damage to a property on Fifth Avenue in Limeside.
During the disturbance, 25-year-old Charlie Elms was fatally injured and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton
- 5Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals