Hulme shortlisted for prestigious independent schools award
Date published: 02 July 2021
Oldham Hulme Grammar School has been shortlisted in the 'Outstanding Response to Covid-19' category
Oldham Hulme Grammar School has been shortlisted in the 'Outstanding Response to Covid-19' category at the Independent School Parent magazine's Independent Schools of the Year 2021 awards.
An Independent School Parent magazine spokesperson said: "The entry response has again been overwhelming this year, and we are thrilled that a record a number of schools from across the country have entered nominations into the 24 awards categories.
"The aim of the awards has always been to highlight the excellence of the student experience in independent schools.
"On the evidence of the submissions, the independent school sector in Britain is demonstrating resilience and agility, while continuing to deliver a first-class educational experience to its pupils despite having to live with ever-changing levels of restrictions.
"It has been wonderful to learn about transformative and innovative projects and programmes that are underway from Aberdeen to Truro, and we have so enjoyed reading the schools' stories."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Asthma sufferer endures ‘horrendous’ 10-hour A&E wait after falling ill and having breathing...
- 2Oldham-born woman is on a mission to find her biological dad after a DNA kit turns her life upside...
- 3Oldham CSE report: How long shadow of grooming gang allegations changed Oldham’s politics - and...
- 4Bishops Meadows homes in Cowlishaw set to go on sale
- 5Latics pounce for Windass, while Stobbs/Fondop extend stays