Oldham's Muaythai boxers excel at the WTKA Sandee Open
Reporter: Jess Reeves
Date published: 01 April 2019
Ella Haywood and Tommy Lowe
Issan Gym in Oldham took 7 of it's junior boxers to compete at the WTKA Sandee Open and had 4 wins.
On Saturday 30th March and Sunday 31st March, Muaythai WJTA Sandee open took place at the Barnsley metrodome, it is one of the most challenging in Europe.
Isaan Muaythai training centre that is based in Oldham, 2 of the competitors became Sandee open champions winning their category's.
12 year old Tommy Lowe, and the current UK number 1, fought 3 times on Saturday to become 36kg Sandee cahmpion in Muaythai. He also fought 3 times on Sunday in the K1 and beat French fighters to be crowned Sandee WTKA International K1 champion.
13 Year old Ella Haywood, fought on Saturday in the final of the 60kg final against a very strong Irish girl and became WTKA Sandee Open Champion in Muaythai, after only 18 months of training.
Head coach, Ste Donnelly said, "I'm very proud of all our boxers, they all performed brilliantly and will learn a lot from this amazing experience."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning
- 5Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...