Rugby League clubs in resumption talks
Date published: 14 May 2020
Could the Rugby League be coming back soon?
Rugby League clubs in the Betfred Championship, including Oldham, and in Betfred League 1 have set up two working groups to consider issues surrounding the possible resumption of the sport at those levels.
One group will look at costs and other logistics of matches taking place behind closed doors for broadcast.
The other will delve into possible revenue opportunities to offset those costs.
Both groups will be chaired by the Rugby Football League (RFL) and convened as soon as possible.
Said RFL chief executive Ralph Rimmer: "Playing behind closed doors, and a return to training, is a complex option for all levels and decisions will have implications for the structure of our competitions and relationships between our different competitions.
"Decisions regarding promotion and relegation will be made by the RFL board. We remain focused on finding the best outcome for the good of the sport."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases
- 3Survivor Trevor: "take this virus seriously"
- 4Witnesses sought after 'nasty' Manchester Street multiple collision
- 5Oldham driver charged following north Wales police chase