Saddleworth Show thanks youth group volunteers
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 09 June 2019
The Saddleworth Show returns on Sunday 30th June
A big focus on the contribution made to a legendary community event by young people will be emphasised at the spectacular Saddleworth Show on June 30 at the Well-i-Hole Camp Site, Greenfield.
The show organisers underpin fantastic Youth Groups helping in setting up and the running the show.
And they are highlighting and praising the Saddleworth and Oldham ATC groups for their support over the two days — assisted this year by groups from the Dovestone Junior Rangers and Saddleworth School.
Said a show spokesman: “Their involvement in the show is a tribute to the great work of Youth Leaders in our area and the participants themselves really enjoying providing invaluable community help, raising thousands of pounds for local good causes.”
The event is run by the Rotary Clubs of Oldham Metro and Saddleworth, all volunteers, ensuring every penny raised goes 100 percent to good causes. Over recent years, more than 65 good causes have benefited.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
- 3Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 4Why increased testing doesn’t explain fears over rising cases
- 5Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases