A smack in the eye for the Remoaners
Date published: 08 June 2018
Another smack in the eye for the Remoaners who desperately want to keep us shackled to the EU - the British economy is on the up.
A report by research group IHS Market shows that while businesses in the EU have suffered their worst month for a year and a half, our own economy looks set for growth of 0.4% in the second quarter of the year.
Activity in manufacturing and services sectors has strengthened and prospects for further expansion are propitious.
The Brexiteers in government must use this further ammunition to fight their cause and not be brow beaten by those determined to cling to the wreckage of the EU.
Voters opted to leave, no ifs or buts, so we must do so - and without further delay.
North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2First week of Oldham’s newest secondary school hailed a “great success”
- 3The quirky Oldham race selling out quickly - and no-one knows why
- 4Tributes paid to PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone six years after their murders
- 5Cop killer Dale Cregan reported to be begging friends for cash behind bars