Cannabis - what's the truth?
Date published: 20 June 2018
For years I have believed the statements of successive UK governments that Cannabis is a dangerous and addictive drug that leads inexorably to the destruction of the health and morals of those using it and of society as we know it.
The recent decision by the Home Secretary to hand it out to children can only allow of two conclusions:
Either the substance is safe and we have been lied to - or it is not.
In which case, even if it has medicinal properties, it should continue to be banned in the wider interests of society notwithstanding that a few sick and pain-ridden children are collateral damage in the war against drugs.
John Eoin Douglas
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2First week of Oldham’s newest secondary school hailed a “great success”
- 3The quirky Oldham race selling out quickly - and no-one knows why
- 4Tributes paid to PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone six years after their murders
- 5Cop killer Dale Cregan reported to be begging friends for cash behind bars