Disabled people face continuing financial troubles
Date published: 03 March 2020
Nearly half the 14 million people living in poverty in the UK are disabled or live with someone who is.
That’s the finding of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation who blame the high cost of coping with disability and the struggles disabled people face in finding jobs that pay enough.
At the same time millions of pounds in disability benefits lies unclaimed, money that can help with the extra costs of disability such as getting to and from work or to help you stay in work.
If you have a disability and are struggling to make ends meet Benefitanswers offer a FREE check so you can find out if you are entitled to some of the millions in unclaimed benefits.
For more details ring 0330 223 4773.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation launched after woman's body found in Bardsley
- 2GMP remove support for Failsworth Street Patrol
- 3Concerns raised over flagship Riverside shopping centre after it emerges the council is liable for...
- 4Pair arrested following woman's death
- 5Oldham's Covid infection rate falls again, but remains 44% higher than the England average.