Irene is seeking information about her Oldham relatives
Date published: 19 March 2020
I wonder whether you would be willing to publish the following on behalf of my mother.
My mother Irene is the daughter of Nicholas Tully who died in Oldham in 1934 at the tragically young age of 24, when Irene was two.
Her mother, Evelyn (nee Taylor) later remarried and all contact was lost with the Tully (sometimes spelled Tulley) family.
Irene has always wondered about her relatives.
I believe that Nicholas had a younger brother named Mark and I have recently travelled to the family history unit in Oldham where I believe that I have found confirmation records for both Nicholas and Mark at Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St Patrick in Oldham in 1918 and 1925 respectively.
Their father is listed as Mark and their mother as Edith, nee Dickinson.
I have been unable to trace birth certificates for any of them.
I have promised my Mum, who is now 87, that I would do my best to help her discover her roots and I wonder whether any of your readership would be able to assist me please?
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘This is why Oldham has got such a bad name’ – councillors defer controversial planning application
- 2Tower blocks could be demolished for modern new homes
- 3Akkas shares 72nd birthday feast with NHS workers, TV stars and other grateful guests
- 4Oldham murder attempts - man charged
- 5New plans submitted to transform Egyptian Rooms in Old Town Hall