Irene is seeking information about her Oldham relatives
Date published: 19 March 2020
I wonder whether you would be willing to publish the following on behalf of my mother.
My mother Irene is the daughter of Nicholas Tully who died in Oldham in 1934 at the tragically young age of 24, when Irene was two.
Her mother, Evelyn (nee Taylor) later remarried and all contact was lost with the Tully (sometimes spelled Tulley) family.
Irene has always wondered about her relatives.
I believe that Nicholas had a younger brother named Mark and I have recently travelled to the family history unit in Oldham where I believe that I have found confirmation records for both Nicholas and Mark at Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St Patrick in Oldham in 1918 and 1925 respectively.
Their father is listed as Mark and their mother as Edith, nee Dickinson.
I have been unable to trace birth certificates for any of them.
I have promised my Mum, who is now 87, that I would do my best to help her discover her roots and I wonder whether any of your readership would be able to assist me please?
Email address: email@example.com
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Covid breaches across Greater Manchester include weddings and "barber shops in garden sheds"
- 2Oldham thug jailed following 'appalling' unprovoked attack in Devon pub
- 3Moors drama as man seriously injured in fall
- 4New restaurant planned for former Squire Knott site
- 5Woman subjected to "shocking and traumatic" sexual assault in Royton Park