Wild left fuming after Macclesfield loss
Date published: 21 January 2019
The Latics boss wasn't happy with his side's performance on Saturday.
Caretaker boss Pete Wild was left fuming after watching his Oldham Athletic side let a goal lead slip to lose 2-1 at Macclesfield on Saturday.
Despite a very early penalty from new signing Urko Vera, goals either side of half time turned the game in favour of the hosts.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Wild said: “It was uncharacteristic of us, but we were poor all over the park.
“Too many people didn't turn up, too many people thought they could come here and just roll them over.
“We made a great start with the early goal, but we simply weren't good enough all over the park.
“We were sloppy, players not playing to their strengths, players thinking they're things that they're not.
“Maybe because we've done well in the past few weeks people are getting carried away with themselves, but that's slapped [us] back down to earth today.”
It was Wild’s first loss in caretaker charge of the club, after going unbeaten in the four games since Frankie Bunn was dismissed.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning
- 5Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...