Don't rule out another upset, says Latics defender
Date published: 24 January 2019
George Edmundson (left) in action for Latics
Latics defender George Edmundson believes his side have what it takes to get past Doncaster in the FA Cup this weekend.
Oldham travel to the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday for the fourth round tie – after dumping Premier League Fulham out of the competition at Craven Cottage earlier in the month.
Caretaker manager Pete Wild had been on an unbeaten start to his time in the dugout, but Latics fell to defeat at Macclesfield last weekend.
Edmundson is backing the team to bounce back – and even suggested they might go into the match stronger than many people would expect.
He said: “It’s an FA Cup game and anything can happen.
“We might be in the league below, but on our day we can beat anyone.
“I’m just hoping we are and we’re focused on Saturday.
“I just take it as any other game – we could be playing the Dog and Duck or as we did Fulham.
“I just take it like every game is the same.”
League One Doncaster haven’t won in their two games since beating Preston North End in the last round of the competition.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning
- 5Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...