Promotion chances rely on result at Stadium:MK claims Latics caretaker manager
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 29 January 2019
Athletic's caretaker boss Pete Wild, who is now the bookies' favourite to get the job permanently
That’s according to their caretaker manager amid rumours this could be his last game in charge after we brought you the news that Paul Scholes is on the verge of being given the job.
Latics travel to Stadium:MK looking to end a mini slide of two games without a win following defeats at Macclesfield Town and Doncaster Rovers in the FA Cup at the weekend.
However, their record against MK Dons isn’t great to say the least, with Oldham only winning once on their travels, a 1-0 victory back in 2006.
Since then they’ve suffered defeats including a 6-2 thumping in 2009, shipping five in a 5-0 loss in 2012 and also being demolished 7-0 in 2014.
Heading into this one though Latics look like they do stand a chance as their hosts are currently on a bad run themselves, having not won since New Year’s Day. That’s three games without a win for Paul Tisdale’s men which has seen them slump to sixth in the table.
Oldham Athletic sit seven places and eight points below their hosts this evening but three points for Pete Wild’s team tonight would see them close that gap to five points.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 5Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning