Oldham Athletic appoint Pete Wild as manager until end of season
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 22 March 2019
Athletic's caretaker boss Pete Wild, who is now the bookies' favourite to get the job permanently
Wild previously took caretaker charge earlier in the season with a record of four wins, three losses and a draw from his eight games in charge, including that famous win at Fulham in the Emirates FA Cup.
The 34-year-old will face Grimsby Town in his first game as Head Coach on Saturday 30th March.
Speaking about the appointment, Wild said; “I’m looking forward to working with the players again and hopefully finishing on a positive note.”
“I know this team has quality and hopefully the fans will see the best of these players from now until the end of the season.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2CCTV footage released after spate of arson attacks
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules