Oldham Athletic announce new academy manager
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 17 July 2019
Oldham Athletic have finally replaced former manager Pete Wild by unveiling the new man in charge of the club’s academy.
Paul Murray returns to Boundary Park having last been first-team coach under Lee Johnson back in 2014.
Former academy gaffa Pete Wild was handed the reins at the start of last season before being promoted to head coach of the first team once Paul Scholes left.
Murray has also experienced playing for Latics having made 95 appearances for the club.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Murray said: “I’m delighted to be back here at Boundary Park, it's a great club and I know what people expect around here."
"I can't wait to get started and meet the young players we have, it's important we try and develop these lads to be the best that they can be."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Flooding scheme to protect a hundred homes in Oldham approved
- 4Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 5Superfast broadband will come to Oldham