Final pre-season match doesn't go to plan for Oldham
Date published: 29 July 2019
Oldham fell to a 2-0 defeat on Saturday.
Latics' pre-season preparations ended badly with a defeat to National League side Stockport County.
It was a hastily-arranged friendly, after Oldham's original match with cash-strapped Bolton fell through.
Latics pulled the plug on that fixture over concerns that Bolton would not be able to field a competitive team.
Instead, Oldham took on Stockport County - who left Boundary Park with a 2-0 win.
It follows a 2-2 draw with Ashton United of the National League North and a 3-2 loss to League One Rochdale.
The Hatters were in front after just four minutes, when Ash Palmer headed a corner past Gary Woods.
On the stroke of half time, the visitors doubled their lead when Sam Walker placed a shot into the bottom corner - after Woods had initially made a good save from Conor Dimaio.
It will be a worry for Latics fans that their side barely threatened the Stockport goal.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Flooding scheme to protect a hundred homes in Oldham approved
- 4Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 5Superfast broadband will come to Oldham