Latics take draw at Macclesfield Town on Saturday
Date published: 13 January 2020
Latics take a 1-1 draw against Macclesfield Town
A 10-man Oldham Athletic took a draw against Macclesfield Town at Moss Rose on Saturday (11th January).
The struggling sides seemed set for a 0-0 draw with poor finishes and chances that were few and far between all match.
Latics' Jonny Smith scored the opener with a low shot that beat Macclesfield's Reice Charles-Cook at his near post.
Once Oldham's Wheater had seen a red card for his handball, Joe Ironside slotted in to ensure a draw for Macclesfield.
The teams went on to draw 1-1 at the 90th-minute on penalites, after Oldham had a miss 10 minutes into the second half- that fell to right back Tom Hamer.
Oldham Athletic's head coach Dino Maamria is said to be frustrated with the penatly decision, after seeing an improvement in his team.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police probe after 'appalling' distraction burglary in Royton
- 2Raven Mill staff fear for their health amid apparent 'business as usual' approach
- 3Staff concerns for safety at Park Cakes site
- 4WATCH: Pizza delivery driver robbed in 'terrifying' attack
- 5Oldham's COVID-hub is one of the first in the country