Italian left-back signs two-year Latics deal
Date published: 09 September 2020
Twenty-two-year-old Andrea Badan has earned himself a contract with Latics
Latics have snapped up Italian left-back Andrea Badan on a two-year deal.
The 22-year-old has earned himself a contract with the club after a succesful two-week trial throughout pre-season where the player was recommended to head coach Harry Kewell through his scouting network.
Badan began his career in his homeland with Serie A side Hellas Verona and has gained first-team experience thanks to loan spells at Prato, AlbinoLeffe, Alessandria, Carrarese and, most recently, Cavese.
Badan said of his new challenge: "I can't wait to wear these colours and it's an immensely proud moment for me and my family.
"I've always dreamed of playing in England and now I've achieved this I am willing to work hard to help the team be successful.
"It's a new experience but an exciting one and I promise everyone I will always try my hardest.
"I want to repay the faith shown in me."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council responds to concerns popular park could become ‘no go’ area following ‘disturbing’
- 2Oldham man among three charged following cocaine conspiracy investigation raids
- 3GP tells Oldham's men - “don’t wait, let’s check out that prostate”
- 4Caged - 'Pernicious' Oldham man who sexually communicated with two teenage boys
- 5Man arrested in Manchester hotel after over 25,000 phishing messages sent in one day