Law Cup Final
Rochdale Hornets 24 - 28 Oldham Roughyeds
Date published: 11 January 2018
Photo: Jackie Meredith
Law Cup: Rochdale Hornets v Oldham Roughyeds
Oldham Roughyeds held on in a hard fought final against Rochdale Hornets for a well earned win to take the Law Cup back to Whitebank on Wednesday night.
Two-try centre Matt Reid, one of 11 new boys in a squad of 20, produced a man-of-the-match performance.
His second try, midway through the second half, made possible by Danny Bridge's perfectly-timed pass at half way, was crucial.
Hornets led 12-10 at half-time, but Oldham dominated the second half thanks largely to a hard-working pack and the field kicking of half-backs Paul Crook and Dave Hewitt.
Crook kicked six goals from seven shots, including three second-half penalties which were to prove decisive.
Oldham's other tries were scored by winger Chris Barlow and substitute full-back Steve Nield.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2Hairy Biker Dave Myers encourages people in Oldham to have their eyes tested
- 3Universal Credit blamed as Oldham Foodbank may not be able to keep up with demand
- 4Greater Manchester drug smuggler jailed
- 5No public inquiry into Oldham pathologist accused of botched inquests