Cup final double header postponed
Date published: 19 May 2020
The cup finals may be played later in the year, depending on public health and Government advice
The Rugby League has confirmed the postponement of the Coral Challenge Cup Final and the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup Final, which were scheduled for July 8 as a double-header at Wembley Stadium.
The finals may be played later in the year, depending on public health and Government advice.
Tickets already purchased will be valid for any rearranged date.
The Challenge Cup had reached the sixth-round stage before Rugby League activity was suspended in March, while the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup had still to begin.
Ticket-holders for the triple header of the Coral Challenge Cup semi-finals and the Coral Women’s Challenge Cup Final, which had been due to be played at the University of Bolton Stadium on June 6, had already been told of its postponement.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases
- 3Survivor Trevor: "take this virus seriously"
- 4Witnesses sought after 'nasty' Manchester Street multiple collision
- 5Oldham driver charged following north Wales police chase