Smith prepares to face more knee surgery
Date published: 27 June 2020
Ed Smith will have surgery on July 11
Oldham's utility forward Ed Smith will have surgery on July 11 to repair or replace a torn knee cartilage.
"I'll be out for six weeks or more depending on what needs doing," said Smith, who has already had two reconstructions of the same knee.
He added: "This latest problem has no connection with the previous operations and I don't expect to be out for too long."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
- 3Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 4Andy Burnham calls on the Government not to send Oldham into lockdown
- 5Why increased testing doesn’t explain fears over rising cases