Dupree stars as Oldham make progress
Date published: 22 March 2021
Oldham try-scorer Danny Langtree
Former Leeds Rhinos youngster Tyler Dupree played a star role as Championship side Oldham stormed into the second round of the Betfred Challenge Cup with a 20-6 win against League 1 side Barrow Raiders at Bower Fold.
Prop forward Dupree (21) came off the bench to terrorise Barrow's pack in the second half as Oldham took control after leading 12-6 at half-time.
Fellow forward Shaun Pick, hooker Gareth Owen and second-row pair Danny Langtree and Danny Bridge also had big games for Oldham, while left wing Ryan Shaw scored an exciting, long-range try for Raiders.
Stand-off Lewis Charnock, Langtree and winger Tommy Brierley scored Oldham's tries with full-back Dan Abram kicking our goals.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council confirm use of hotel for asylum seekers
- 2Oldham men who converted blank-firing pistols into lethal guns jailed for combined 20 years.
- 3Watch the augmented reality video of new town centre plans
- 4A man's been jailed for the rape of a woman in Manchester City Centre.
- 5Man who was injured in firework accident at Delph vigil has died