Teens are arrested over stabbing
Date published: 10 August 2017
CRIME scenes . . . Police stationed next to Higginshaw ARLFC
Police have arrested three teenagers over a stabbing in Oldham.
As reported in Tuesday's Chronicle, officers were called by the ambulance service to Spencer Street, Higginshaw, at around 5.45pm on Monday after a 54-year-old man was stabbed.
He was taken to hospital with a number of wounds to his back and chest and remains in a critical condition.
The youths, aged 16, 17 and 18 were arrested yesterday on suspicion of section 18 assault.
The incident is believed to have happened in and around the Moorby Street area before the victim made his way to Spencer Street.
The investigation is currently ongoing and police are appealing for witnesses.
Det Supt Jane Higham said: "Although we have made three arrests, our investigation into the circumstances surrounding the assault continues.
"The incident happened in the early evening in what is a busy residential area, so if you were around at the time and saw anything suspicious, please get in touch with police, as you could hold vital information."
Anybody with information should contact police on 101, quoting incident number 1609 of 07/08/17, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Joint funeral for devoted Oldham couple who died from Covid just two weeks apart
- 2Chadderton man charged in connection with Moston murder
- 3Two Oldham women charged with drug and modern slavery offences
- 4End of the road for Greater Manchester’s controversial masterplan
- 5‘Damp’ homes in housing estate to be refurbished with new insulation