Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2First week of Oldham’s newest secondary school hailed a “great success”
- 3The quirky Oldham race selling out quickly - and no-one knows why
- 4Tributes paid to PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone six years after their murders
- 5Cop killer Dale Cregan reported to be begging friends for cash behind bars