Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham man who broke a woman's leg by jumping on it and placed a gun in her mouth has been jailed.
- 2Council confirm use of hotel for asylum seekers
- 3Watch the augmented reality video of new town centre plans
- 4Man who was injured in firework accident at Delph vigil has died
- 5Oldham mum's desperate search for the only food her autistic daughter will eat