Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Liquid and Envy nightclub set to reopen within weeks
- 2Paying more and getting less - the town that got £200m taken out if its pockets
- 3New community space to come at cost of 130-year-old pub
- 4Drug dealer stopped in Greenfield was linked to deals worth more than £130k
- 5Mom's Spaghetti radio set to bring a full day of live hip-hop, house and happiness to Oldham