Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Developer reveals plans for hundreds of homes on controversial greenfield site