Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival