Date published: 14 January 2010
FIRST-HAND hand accounts of benzodiazepine addiction researched in Oldham helped author Andrea Earl write a BBC play which is broadcast across the country today.
Andrea visited Oldham’s Tranx group for people addicted to prescribed drugs before she wrote “Solace” — a 45-minute drama about a grandmother addicted to tranquillisers which is broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 2.15pm.
Tranx founder Barry Haslam said: “Andrea spent an afternoon talking to members. She wanted to know what happens when someone comes off the drugs and the effects on their life and family.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham legend Clint to step back from radio career after almost three decades
- 2Pedestrian suffers 'serious' injuries after being struck by tram in Oldham town centre
- 3Help for Failsworth families thanks to the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal
- 4Pair arrested after vehicle theft incident
- 5Cold and frosty for the foreseeable future