Barry’s radio show switch
Date published: 27 July 2011
A last-minute change to BBC Radio 4 listings has resulted in a “Face the Facts” show featuring Oldham campaigner Barry Haslam going out today instead of next week.
The BBC says today’s lunchtime show, with presenter John Waite talking to Barry and fellow members of the support group Tranx, will be repeated on Sunday at 9pm.
The show puts the spotlight on the plight of people addicted to tranquillisers and prescription drugs, and the lack of help available to help them withdraw from the drugs.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2First week of Oldham’s newest secondary school hailed a “great success”
- 3The quirky Oldham race selling out quickly - and no-one knows why
- 4Tributes paid to PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone six years after their murders
- 5Cop killer Dale Cregan reported to be begging friends for cash behind bars