Barry’s radio show switch
Date published: 27 July 2011
A last-minute change to BBC Radio 4 listings has resulted in a “Face the Facts” show featuring Oldham campaigner Barry Haslam going out today instead of next week.
The BBC says today’s lunchtime show, with presenter John Waite talking to Barry and fellow members of the support group Tranx, will be repeated on Sunday at 9pm.
The show puts the spotlight on the plight of people addicted to tranquillisers and prescription drugs, and the lack of help available to help them withdraw from the drugs.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham legend Clint to step back from radio career after almost three decades
- 2Pedestrian suffers 'serious' injuries after being struck by tram in Oldham town centre
- 3Help for Failsworth families thanks to the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal
- 4Pair arrested after vehicle theft incident
- 5Cold and frosty for the foreseeable future