Barry’s radio show switch
Date published: 27 July 2011
A last-minute change to BBC Radio 4 listings has resulted in a “Face the Facts” show featuring Oldham campaigner Barry Haslam going out today instead of next week.
The BBC says today’s lunchtime show, with presenter John Waite talking to Barry and fellow members of the support group Tranx, will be repeated on Sunday at 9pm.
The show puts the spotlight on the plight of people addicted to tranquillisers and prescription drugs, and the lack of help available to help them withdraw from the drugs.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Liquid and Envy nightclub set to reopen within weeks
- 2Paying more and getting less - the town that got £200m taken out if its pockets
- 3New community space to come at cost of 130-year-old pub
- 4Drug dealer stopped in Greenfield was linked to deals worth more than £130k
- 5Mom's Spaghetti radio set to bring a full day of live hip-hop, house and happiness to Oldham