Barry’s radio show switch
Date published: 27 July 2011
A last-minute change to BBC Radio 4 listings has resulted in a “Face the Facts” show featuring Oldham campaigner Barry Haslam going out today instead of next week.
The BBC says today’s lunchtime show, with presenter John Waite talking to Barry and fellow members of the support group Tranx, will be repeated on Sunday at 9pm.
The show puts the spotlight on the plight of people addicted to tranquillisers and prescription drugs, and the lack of help available to help them withdraw from the drugs.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival