Chilly bank holiday weekend ahead for Oldham
Date published: 03 May 2019
There will be chilly starts across Oldham this weekend
Just two weeks after record temperatures over the Easter bank holiday weekend, we're in for some cold spells for the May Day holiday in Oldham.
Saturday will start frosty, with temperatures around zero as the day breaks. However, it should warm up with some sunshine throughout the day. Don't reach for the beachwear yet though, as it will feel a little bit chilly in the wind.
Sunday should be brighter and warmer, though it'll still be cold to start with. Again, it will stay dry all day.
So, how will we fare on the May Day bank holiday? A dry day with some bright spells. We might even stretch our necks out and say it could feel positively warm. Temperatures should rise to around 12C (54F)
The Met Office assure us that NEXT weekend should be brighter and warmer.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival