Plans in place to stop flooding at Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Date published: 03 October 2019
Photo: Bert Ashton (FB)
Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Oldham Council have released a statement after complaints of flooding at Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth.
The Oldham Evening Chronicle were contacted by locals who warned of flooding at the drain near the bridge- affecting a local business and quick access between Failsworth and New Moston.
An Oldham Council spokesperson said, “We were first alerted to reports of flooding on August 23.
"Following a thorough investigation with Metrolink to establish the location of the blocked drain, we have now identified the blockage.
“The work has now been scheduled in and we expect it to be completed within two to three weeks.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 2Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
- 3Tributes paid to ex-Oldham councillor Angie, who has died aged 61
- 4OSFC’s Aspiring Medics Programme enjoys record number of university offers
- 5The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday