Plans in place to stop flooding at Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Date published: 03 October 2019
Photo: Bert Ashton (FB)
Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth
Oldham Council have released a statement after complaints of flooding at Wrigley Head bridge in Failsworth.
The Oldham Evening Chronicle were contacted by locals who warned of flooding at the drain near the bridge- affecting a local business and quick access between Failsworth and New Moston.
An Oldham Council spokesperson said, “We were first alerted to reports of flooding on August 23.
"Following a thorough investigation with Metrolink to establish the location of the blocked drain, we have now identified the blockage.
“The work has now been scheduled in and we expect it to be completed within two to three weeks.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 2Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 3Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 4Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 5Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time