Dovestones remains closed
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 11 May 2020
The Dovestones reserve remains closed. Picture courtesy of Hannah-Rose Bennett
Despite changes in lockdown restrictions, the RSPB say the Dovestone reserve currently remains firmly closed to the public.
Said a spokesperson: “Our priority is to ensure we only re-open when we have everything in place to keep our members, visitors, volunteers and employees safe.
“We must also make sure the wildlife that calls our site home is ready to receive attention after a couple of months completely on its own.
“With reports of rare species nesting on and near busy paths, it's going to take us some time to make sure they are safe too.
“We ask that you bear with us in these difficult times and check our website and on here regularly for updates.”
Earlier, United Utilities said: “No decision has been made, we are still reviewing all the latest Government advice."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham McDonald's had to shut due to huge queues yesterday
- 2Property on Windsor Road shot at in targeted incident
- 3Dovestone: 'no-go area' needs urgent funding
- 4WATCH: Police release CCTV footage after man was injured during terrifying armed burglary
- 5WATCH the footage: Witnesses sought following 'frightening' armed robbery