Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 26 May 2020
The gridlocked scene close to Dovestone Reservoir yesterday
Furious locals complained of roadside dangers after motorists double parked on a key main road linked to a beauty spot at Dovestone Reservoir in Greenfield yesterday (Monday).
Lines of stationary cars were parked up on both sides of the thronged main A635 Greenfield to Holmfirth Road, with fears mounting of accident threats from motorcyclists speeding at the scene.
Said one angry local: “Traffic is worse than ever before. It’s ludicrous.
"The parking has made it near impossible for travelling vehicles to pass easily.
"Gates accessing properties have been blocked.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1More than 1,200 laptops distributed to disadvantaged pupils in Oldham
- 2Overjoyed parish councillor is bowled over by village cricket u-turn
- 3Help our NHS COVID-19 heroes by acting responsibly and only go to A&E in a genuine emergency
- 4Oldham is NOT on the verge of a local lockdown
- 5Holly and Olivia's epic ‘Everest’ climb is all for the love of a treasured friend