Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 26 May 2020
The gridlocked scene close to Dovestone Reservoir yesterday
Furious locals complained of roadside dangers after motorists double parked on a key main road linked to a beauty spot at Dovestone Reservoir in Greenfield yesterday (Monday).
Lines of stationary cars were parked up on both sides of the thronged main A635 Greenfield to Holmfirth Road, with fears mounting of accident threats from motorcyclists speeding at the scene.
Said one angry local: “Traffic is worse than ever before. It’s ludicrous.
"The parking has made it near impossible for travelling vehicles to pass easily.
"Gates accessing properties have been blocked.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham businessman: 'I can do council top-job for half the salary'
- 2First Renew Shop opens in Oldham, benefiting residents and the environment
- 3Image released after man hits child on-board train
- 4Teacher struck off after traces of files containing indecent images of children discovered on his...
- 5Brownfield sites to be transformed with hundreds of homes